Sunday, May 20, 2018

Facing Fears!

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, “I lived through this war. I can take the next thing that comes along.”  —Eleanor Roosevelt

 When we feel anxious about something, we often avoid it.   This doesn’t fix the problem in fact many times I can make the problem worse by trying to ignore it or avoid it.    The Sunday school class I am in is reading a book called Unafraid by Adam Hamilton.

I just wanted to share some of what I thought were the important pints that stand out.  Especially now when we’ve just had another school shooting and the news seems to never be anything good or positive.  (This is one reason I rarely watch the news)

 The reality is everyone worries about something. We all have things we fear. And most of us will have seasons when anxieties and fears simply overwhelm us. Fear is a powerful emotion that shaves all of us in profound ways we often don’t fully understand.

 Often we fear things that will never happen yet real or imagined, DR. spears have power. Sometimes our battles with fear take a more serious turn, becoming a debilitating struggle.

 The Bible is filled with stories of people who fears got the best of them.  The one I find most interesting is the Inrealites story found inNumbers.   The Israelites allowed their fear to keep them from the promised land for 40 years !  40 Years!! I can’t even imagine!

Or can I?
Fear False Events Apperaing Real

 We spend a lot of time and emotional energy worrying about and fearing things that will never happen.

 Most of the things were afraid of or not nearly as frightening as they seem, but the only way will learn this is to face her fears with Faith-Faith that will survive the roller coaster, faith that our parish it will open and allow us to fall slowly to the earth.

Face your fears with Faith
Examine your assumptions in light of the facts
Attack your anxieties with action
Release your cares to God

Don’t fear, because I am with you;
Don’t be afraid for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
I will surely help you;
I will hold you
With my strong righteous hand.
Isaiah 41:10


Whenever I’m afraid,
I put my trust in you-
In God, whose word I praise.
I trust in God; I won’t be afraid.
What can mere flesh (people) donto me?
Psalm 56:3-4

The Lord is near. Don’t be anxious about anything; rather, bring up all of your requests to God in your prayers and petitions, along with giving thanks. Then the peace of God that exceed all understanding will keep your hearts and minds safe in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 4:5b-7

We can focus our imagination on all the things that might happen, and by inflating the threats are obstacles we face, he turned them in the Giants. Or we can focus our imagination on the presence of God-through prayer, singing hymns, sharing our struggles with close friends, and other spiritual disciplines-and trust that we will since his love and mercy holding a snake. When we imagine God’s presence and power be fine we can begin to live with courage and hope.


 We have some power over our fears !   I think for me the biggest thing is learning that I’m not alone in this life.  God has surrounded me with some amazing people, whom I can go to with my fears, my anxious thoughts and feelings and receiving Kerg God has surrounded me with some amazing people, whom I can go to with my fears, my anxious thoughts and feelings and receive encouragement from them.   I Also have Gods word and truth.   There so many scriptures that talk about not being afraid do not fear because God is with us I just have to remember that.

 The next time I start to feel overwhelmed with anxiety and fear I  need to dig into those scriptures, those truths from God and allow Him to take over my thinking.

My prayer for you is that you’d have Godly advice givers, and strength to be vulnerable and share with others.  We were not meant to live this life alone!

Have a Blessed day!
Chrisitna

No comments:

Post a Comment