Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Control!

The following is a Jesus Calling Devotion from the other day that just really spoke to my heart! I added my  notes in { these brackets} 

This is a time in your life when you must LET GO: {release whatever it is that is blocking  you from complete dependence/trust in God} of Loved Ones, of Possessions, of Control. {I have control issues, I don't  always need to be in control, but I do like to know whats going to happen, and when!  I Like Plans, Order!} In Order to let go of something that's precious to you, you need to rest {refresh, unwind, unbend, slowdown, recharge} in My {God's} Presence, where you are complete! {Complete/whole in His presence!}

Take time {unhurried, linger, without haste} to bask in the Light of My Love.  As you relax more and more, your gripping hand gradually opens up, releasing {set free, liberate, remove restrictions} your prized possessions into My care.  

You can feel secure {certain,  freedom from anxiety/fear}, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes, through awareness {knowledge of, alertness, familiarity, understanding, recognition} of My Continual Presence.  The One Who Never Leaves you is the same as the One Who Never Changes: I am the Same, today, and forever! 

As you release more and more things into My Care, remember that I Never Let Go of your hand! Herein Lies your security, which no one and no circumstance can take from you. 


{My Ramblings}:  I think this spoke so much to me because even though I don't consider myself to be a control freak, I do lean closer to that side of the line than to completely be free to not worry, stress, plan, etc... I know as I grow in my faith {I believe that we can continue to grow our faith everyday until we are no longer on this earth} that I will be able to Let Go more easily, and not feel the need to plan, worry, etc..  I also know and believe that the more I bask in God's Truth and Love the more I take time to linger in His Presence the closer I am to releasing or setting free those things that I try so desperately to hold on to! 

 Such great things to remember! Let Go and Let God!

 When I think of my need for control I am reminded of how hunters catch monkeys in the wild!  The monkey is a pretty stubborn animal, and so they put a treat in a coconut shell with a hole big enough for a monkey to fit his hand in.  The stubbornness of the monkey won't allow it to let go of or release it's grasp on the treat inside the coconut shell and therefore becomes trapped, and even killed because of it!  I wonder how many times I have been so focused on the unseen "treat" inside the coconut shell that I can't let go and allow God's freedom to surround me? 

Psalm 89:15
 Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are the people who know the joyful sound [who understand and appreciate the spiritual blessings symbolized by the feasts]; they walk, O Lord, in the light and favor of Your countenance!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is [always] the same, yesterday, today, [yes] and forever (to the ages).

Isaiah 41:13
 For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, Who says to you, Fear not; I will help you!

Father Thank You, that you are in control that you can take my rambling, bumbling mess and make it into something beautiful, the brokenness in me can be used for your glory. Thank you for your Word, and Truth! 



No comments:

Post a Comment