Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Answered Prayers! (Jesus Calling)

Today's post is from Jesus Calling from January 9th. 

I have mentioned before how I am a planner,  I like things to be organized and know what's going on especially when it pertains to my life and my family. 

All along this journeyI have prayed that we would be obedient to whatever and wherever God calls us to.  That we would know if and when He was calling us to move on to other area's of ministry.  Right around this time (the beginning of this year) I was trying to help the kids with plans for summer, classes next year etc... and really felt like we were in a holding pattern just waiting.  And I am willing to wait until Gods timeing is perfect, thankfully God knows my heart and He answers when we call out.  And that's what I began doing.  I prayed that we would know with out a doubt soon (by the end of that week) if God was calling us to move on.  And He answered me on January 9th.  After reading this days devotion I knew God heard me. 

Jesus Calling(1/9):  I AM WITH YOU AND FOR YOU. When you decide on a course of action that is in line with My will, nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you. You may encounter many obstacles as you move toward your goal, but don’t be discouraged—never give up! With My help, you can overcome any obstacle. Do not expect an easy path as you journey hand in hand with Me, but do remember that I, your very-present Helper, am omnipotent.

Much, much stress results from your wanting to make things happen before their times have come.

If you want to stay close to Me and do things My way, ask Me to show you the path forward moment by moment.

“For nothing is impossible with God.” -LUKE 1:37

Father God thank you for going before me and making my path clear.  Thank you for answered prayers and comfort while we wait for those unanswered ones.  I pray that we will be obedient to what and where you are calling us.  And that our eyes, ears, and hearts will be open to see, hear, and know you are near to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment