Sunday, February 10, 2013

Catching Up... Jesus Calling

Last year I read through the bible, and for the most part didn't get to far behind.  When I did I always found the time to get caught up.  (Thank You Jesus)  This year I am going to be doing/have been daily reading the devotional book by Sarah Young Jesus Calling.  I received this book last year as a gift from a friend and love it!  I would recommend it to anyone!  Each day I read the devotion and then the scripture that goes along with it.  I have been journaling the thoughts and prayers that I have as a result of what I read that day.  I hope to share a few of those over this next week, and today is no exception:  On 12/30/12 I wrote this:

From Jesus Calling  I am leading you along a way that is uniquely right for you.  The closer to Me you grow, the more fully you become your true self-the one I designed you to be. 

For we are God's Workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  Ephesians 2:10 (My Life Verse)

Dear Friends let us love one another, for love comes from God.  Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.  Whoever does not love, does not know God, because God is Love.  1 John 4:7-8

Father I may not always understand why or how you are at work, but I trust that you are and that you are with me through each and every obstacle.  Lord I want to be obedient to your calling on my life and become who you've created me to be .  Help me Lord to love others in-spite of our differences and to be a light to those around us.  Lord I pray that I'll be worthy of your calling.  Help me to remember your calling on my life. Your Love for me so that I may love others with the same compassion and forgiveness that you've shown me.   Amen


When I wrote this I was (and still am) seeking what God was calling me specifically and us as a family to be doing ministry wise.  This past year has been a difficult one spiritually.  I have never felt like I have had so many moments in the valley, and so few mountain top moments in such a short time.  I had wanted to quit and runaway more than once, but God wouldn't allow it!  You see He knows better than me, He can see the final picture when I get stuck on the day to day.  And Thank God for that!  If I were in charge of my own life I would hideaway when things got difficult, and maybe even run away, instead God asked me to stand firm holding on to His truths, and to depend on His  power.  When I do this my doubts fall away and I feel like I can keep on going.  I know I am slowly becoming more of the woman God has called me to be, not through my own strength or power but only through God.  So that is my prayer today that I will be obedient to what God is calling me to do and that I will do it with a joyful heart.  Than You Lord for not giving up on me, for Loving me, and showing me what Love is!

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment