Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trust the Delay.....

Everyday for the past few weeks I have driven by a church sign that says "Trust the Delay"  as I was driving into town today and passing the sign, I read it again and thought am I trusting God during this time of delay?  

We live in a world where we get instant gratification, we get cranky if we have to wait in the drive thru line to long (or is that only me? Gosh I hope not!) or if we get behind a slow moving car.  I think that's one reason why I sometimes struggle with this time of not knowing. I like to know whats going to happen.  I am a planner, a list maker, I like things to be organized, neat and orderly (even though my house doesn't always show it!) So I have a choice to get frustrated, or to let go and allow for God's perfect timing.  

Today I am choosing to Trust the Delay!  I know God's timing is perfect.  He always comes through and usually in bigger and better ways than I could ever imagine or hope.

  

Psalm 37:4  Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.


Psalm 37:5-7  Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.


 Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future


Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Today I will Trust the Delay! 

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment